The exterior of the hull is essentially finished. It needs sanding and then another layer of epoxy to smooth it out, and then 2 weeks to cure, then more sanding, and 5 or more cycles of varnish and sanding before it's finally finished but now is a good time to stop and work on the deck.
I spent the day preparing to remove the hull from the strongback to roll it over and start stripping the deck. I constructed two supports out of scrap wood and drywall screws (I had to cannibalize the strongback and attached "L-shaped brackets" for these). The hull rests on a band of old carpet slung and stapled across each of the supports. Once the supports were constructed I removed the "L-shaped brackets" and with some help flipped the hull over.