I often run into people who ask me, “Who is Dubside?” It is common knowledge that Dubside's skills at competition rolling are among the best in the U.S. and his knowledge and talent for Greenland rope gymnatics are unsurpassed anywhere outside of Greenland. But did you know these fun facts about Dubside?
- Dubside’s first paddling job was as a guide at the Davy Crockett Explorer Canoe ride in Disneyland.
- Scientists calculate that based on the average growth rate of human hair, it would take most people at least 11 years to grow their hair as long as Dubside’s.
- If Dubside wore any color other than black, he probably would look more like a hippie and less like a Navy SEAL commando.
- Formerly a resident of Philadelphia, Dubside currently lives in a treehouse 95 feet high at the water’s edge in Anacortes, WA.
- When he’s not practicing for the 2006 Greenland National Championships, he’s building a 45 ft baidarka in which to explore the Inside Passage of British Columbia.
- The Greenlanders fear Dubside and call him Qivitoq -- the “mountain walker” -- a person with supernatural powers who shuns society and lives in the wilderness.
- There are many imitators and wannabees, but only one Dubside!